Tuesday 30 April 2013

Blue - Hels Sheridan Challenge

Blue Jays - ah, an album from my youth...Justin Hayward and John Lodge....  Anyway, Hels' challenge was BLUE.  Here is my entry...

 

 
It's made up of 'caught in crystal' acetate, folded card, and lots and lots of stamps!!

I started with the acetate.  This is done by sprinkling glitter (in my case, quite a lot of glitter) onto acetate, adding some alcohol inks, and then PVA glue.  Having done this a couple of times, I have learned that this takes a LOT of PVA, so I use the cheap stuff, and I also make sure that the final layer (tissue paper) is quite well pushed down into the glue.  Otherwise when it dries the tissue paper can hang off a bit.  This time, just to make sure, I dripped a bit more alcohol ink on the back of the tissue, where it looked like there wasn't much colour.  Then you leave it dry (and drip) overnight.  You aren't able to see how much glitter there is in there!





I cut down a 12x12 piece of card to 10x4 and then split that in half lengthways, leaving the final 2 inches uncut.  Then I valley and mountain folded each leg, so that I was left with a little pad measuring 2x2 and a half.













Then from good quality stamping card (not sure which one, I managed to use some of my offcuts) I cut a load of squares to fit (1 and three quarters).

Some of them have been stamped with distress ink, and then the ink pulled out with a water brush (a technique from Hels herself, thanks Hels!).

Others were stamped with Stazon or Brilliance - these were the sentiment squares.

Then, I glued two pieces of the acetate to the front and back of my origami, and used the Crop-o-dile to set in to eyelets in each.  Lovely blue ribbon to hold it all together.  Finally, I added 3 butterflies and a few teeny weeny rhinestones.

More blue than you could shake a stick at, I think!!


Materials

Ink
Adirondack alocohol inks - many and various!
Distress Inks - Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky
Brilliance - Sky Blue, Pearl Poppy, Galaxy Gold, Mediterranean Blue

Stamps
Stampers Anonymous - Mini Blueprints 3 (CMS150)
Stampers Anonymous Clear Artistry - Flights of Fancy, Urban Grunge, The Journey, unnamed
Martha Stewart STamp and punch - Butterfly

Bling and other stuff
Rhinestones
Art Glitter - Monchromatic Blue
American Craft - ribbon
Crop-o-dile and eyelets

1 comment:

  1. cool book Fred, loving all the elements and things to look at... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete