Click here to see Tim's May Tag. Below is mine! This is my first attempt at one of Tim's Tags and I have used some alternatives from my stash, to see how they worked.
As I didn't have any of Tim's remnant rub ons, I wondered if any of the huge stack of rub on that I have (from my very early days in card making - they seemed like such a good idea at the time...) would resist in the same way. They seem to! Also, the really cheap things I picked up in a ..ahem...large swedish furniture store (I think they were a pack of 14 stickers for 50p!) worked amazingly, as they seem to be part coated (resisting) and part not, which took up the distress stain really well. Course, I may just have been lucky with the one out of the 14 that I used...
I also didn't have any of Tim's film reel, so I decided I'd go for some clear shrink plastic, using the lovely Artist stamp, which can be a bit of statement, when not shrunk. This is the first time I had a mad piece of shrink plastic! It went into a spiral! I finally managed to unpick it using two sets of tweezers. Only downside of this course of action is that the hole I punched before I shrunk the plastic was really quite small by the time the heat gun worked its magic. So this was what drove the choice of brad - it had to have skinny legs!!
Think I'll go and play catchup with the rest of Tim's tags, now...
Distress Stains - Chipped Sapphire, Festive Berries, Spun Sugar
Distress Ink - Faded Jeans
Stazon - Royal Purple
Archival - Cobalt
Royal & Langnickel Brush - Vintage Post Cards, Vintage Games
Ikea - Historisk (they are really stickers I think)
Stampers Anonymous - Regal Findings CMS014
Inkadinkado - Tin Can Mail
Penny Black - Queen Anne's Lace
Bling and other stuff
Cosmic Shimmer Mist - Astral Mystery
Prima - Engraver brad