Wednesday 1 May 2013

Tim's Tags - my version of May

Click here to see Tim's May Tag.  Below is mine!  This is my first attempt at one of Tim's Tags and I have used some alternatives from my stash, to see how they worked.



As I didn't have any of Tim's remnant rub ons, I wondered if any of the huge stack of rub on that I have (from my very early days in card making - they seemed like such a good idea at the time...) would resist in the same way.  They seem to!  Also, the really cheap things I picked up in a ..ahem...large swedish furniture store (I think they were a pack of 14 stickers for 50p!) worked amazingly, as they seem to be part coated (resisting) and part not, which took up the distress stain really well.  Course, I may just have been lucky with the one out of the 14 that I used...



I also didn't have any of Tim's film reel, so I decided I'd go for some clear shrink plastic, using the lovely Artist stamp, which can be a bit of statement, when not shrunk.  This is the first time I had a mad piece of shrink plastic!  It went into a spiral!  I finally managed to unpick it using two sets of tweezers.  Only downside of this course of action is that the hole I punched before I shrunk the plastic was really quite small by the time the heat gun worked its magic. So this was what drove the choice of brad - it had to have skinny legs!!

Think I'll go and play catchup with the rest of Tim's tags, now...

Materials

Inks
Distress Stains - Chipped Sapphire, Festive Berries, Spun Sugar
Distress Ink - Faded Jeans
Stazon - Royal Purple
Archival - Cobalt

Rub ons
Royal & Langnickel Brush  - Vintage Post Cards, Vintage Games
Ikea - Historisk (they are really stickers I think)

Stamps
Stampers Anonymous - Regal Findings CMS014
Inkadinkado - Tin Can Mail
Penny Black - Queen Anne's Lace

Bling and other stuff
Cosmic Shimmer Mist - Astral Mystery
Prima - Engraver brad

2 comments:

  1. I love your take on this. I haven't attempted May yet, but like you I try to adapt - don't feel the need to go out and buy things pecially but embrace what I have in my stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shell sticker - I think finding ways to manage without some of the bits just makes the end result more interesting.

    ReplyDelete