Wednesday 17 April 2013

E is for... Craft Barn Challenge

Two in one day, again!!

 

So, E is for Elegant (and/or Elegance) and Eye.  I have been thinking for a while about doing some colouring using different media but the same stamp. This was my kickstart to do it!  Thanks to the Craft Barn Challenge!

I used the Hampton Art/Graphic 45 elegant lady stamp.  She's stamped three times, and then coloured with Distress markers, watercolour pencils, and Promarkers.  I kept (ish) to the same colourways, and shading, as far as my supplies would allow.

I (finally) cut into one of my Graphic 45 paper pads for the Ladies' Diary strip on the page behind - maybe now I will start using more of the lovely papers, but I do just like to look at them...


For the eyes, I used a variety of stamps, stamped in versafine and masked, then swooshed and edged with Distress inks.  This extra piece is glued to the main page.  I had created a pounch, but it needed to be bigger, given the height of the stamp tags.









I think this will give me a good reminder of how the various colouring mediums work, and which ink pads to use with which - if I don't write it down, I'll forget!  So it is on the back of each of the tags.









Materials

Paper
Centura Pearl cardstock (non shiny side)
Graphic 45 8x8 pad - A Ladies' Diary

Eyes
Stampers' Anonymous SCF005 - Classics no 5
Free stamp from Craft Stamper
Versafine - Smokey gray

Ladies
Hampton Art/Graphic 45 stamp IC0189 Paris fashions

Stamped in Versafine - Onyx black
Distress Markers
Worn lipstick, Tattered Rose, Tumbled glass, Stormy sky, Milled lavender, Dusty concord, Peeled paint

Stamped in Archival - Jet black
Watercolour pencils - selection of Reeves and Derwent

Stamped in Memento - Tuxedo black
Promarkers/Flexmarkers
Glacier Blue, Cornflower, Blue grey1, Lilac, Lavender, Mint Green


No comments:

Post a Comment