Friday 26 April 2013

Recipe stand

I've been getting steadily more irritated with myself for blu-taking useful recipes to the kitchen cupboard doors (and the fridge!!)...so I have finally done something about it!


The Recipe Stand is from Maya Road, and I found it at the Stamp Attic some time ago - thank you Wendy!  The 'before' photo is a bit difficult to make out, but the 'kit' came as an acrylic stand (think outsize Toblerone - I often dream about outsize Toblerones!!), with 9 chipboard shaped pages and 3 rings.

The only decision to be be made really is what papers to use.  I came across some lovely papers I had from ages ago from We R Memory Keepers, the White Out collection.  I can see why I bought them, really great spring type colours, but with some white grungy/distress areas.  And I still have a load left, even after covering all my pages!!






I added 1 extra piece to the kit to make it easier to flick it all back to the front.

Having got the pages all covered, I have cleared my fridge and cupboard door of recipes (still got some concert tickets up there tho!  Good memories from those - mmmm Justin Currie!).  So if you need a recipe for Saffron bread, or Rhubarb Champagne (like Elderflower Champagne, only rhubarb!!) let me know!!

Think I may just go and put some saffron bread on now...



Couple of learnings - note to self, that sort of thing...

Remember to crop-o-dile the pages for EACH side - trying to find the holes to re-punch is not easy when both sides are covered!!
Measure twice, cut once... a couple of the pages needed just a little edging to cover up a little bit of blank chipboard!
Keep a really DARK black pen on a string next to it, for any comments/additions/notes.

Materials:
Substrate: Maya Road Acrylic Recipe stand

Papers: WRMK White Out

Inks and Stamps
Stampin' Up - Alphabet, Rose Red, Bravo Burgundy

Glue - Cosmic Shimmer dries clear (and lots of it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment