Saturday 15 June 2013

Twinkle Twinkle - EWV challenge for June

Hi all!  Been a bit quiet recently, it's this work thing...  There'll probably be a few posts today, as I am playing catch up!

So on the Everything Wendy Vecchi Group, the challenge was a bit different this time - we got the ingredients, and had to find the recipe!  Ingredients were:  Wendy Vecchi stamp(s), blue and metal.  I got a bit literal on this one, my metal is craft metal, blue alocohol inks, and the gorgeous honeycomb stamp from Art For You.  I came up with this:

I die cut the metal using the Bigz Star Bright 3d die.  I used a few different blues on the alcohol ink applicator and dabbed that over both pieces of metal, and allowed it to dry well.

Then I stamped the honeycomb with gold Stazon, and waited for it to dry (for two weeks!!).

Then the fiddly bit!  I used red line tape on the tabs, and used my tweezers down in between the pieces to make sure that the tabs folded back into the other piece.

Final touch, some lovely metallic embroidery thread from my stash (want to use that for some kumihimo soon) and a blue bead that has been staring at me for about a year!!  First Crimo decoration of the year!!

Just noticed - the pictures look a bit pink - that's the reflection of my lovely pink polo shirt!!

Hope you like!

Resources

Substrate
Woodware craft metal
Sizzix Bigz: Star Bright 3-d 658265

Ink and paint
Adirondack Alcohol ink: Cloudy Blue, SailBoat Blue
Stazon Metallics: Gold

Stamps
Studio 490: Art for You LCS093


Bling and other stuff
Embroidery thread, bead from stash

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Love working with metal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Ruth! What a wondrful idea! Thank you for joining the MAC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just spied this on the WV group... lovely!!

    ReplyDelete