Saturday 15 June 2013

Hatton Court - Just Scrapbooking Weekend

Well!  Linda Knight is A-MA- ZING!  Last weekend, she held a retreat in Gloucestershire, which was so much fun, using mostly stuff (apologies for the technical jargon!) I'd used before, but so so differently!

I'm not going to go through what we did for each layout, just post some photos.  Each of these is a 12 x 12 page, and I think the key thing for me is that the papers just aren't man enough!  Going to see if I can source some canvas boards to use next time...and sorry, Linda, there WILL be a next time! 

So here we go:




 

 Gelli plate printing, and a henna tattoo hand...

 with an Andy Skinner stencil, and some stamping in white...
This one was ripping fun!  Why don't PaperArtsy make this paper any  more??            That butterfly is super lightweight modelling clay, covered with embossing powder and heated - it went puffy!
I love this pic of my mum and dad...one of the few surviving ones of them together!

Linda introduced us to sari silk...wooooh, lovely...
Then we moved on to Stewart Gill Byzantium paint - why have I never seen this before?  OMG!  Made for me!!
To be honest, I hadn't really prepared well for this weekend. Despite have three large bags of stash, I realy didn't have enough embellishments. When I saw some of the others from the team, mine was distinctly light! But I have got the idea!
 
Dark card, black gesso stencilled on, then Fantasy film!  Again, who knew you could have such fun with an iron!?! 
The majority of the embellishments are metal.  but those wings are the modelling clay again, painted black, and touched up with Inka Gold in blue.
 
 
 
 



 A bit more fantasy film, some angelina fibres, punchinella, and a classy photo!

  No photo on this one!  Pure playing!  But the paper really gave up the ghost, hence the weights on the corners to try and keep it flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment