Sunday 16 June 2013

My Guy - Hels' Sunday Stamper Challenge

Hels Challenge this week was one for Father's Day, My Guy. 

My big thing this week was to use one of the canvas boards I found on ebay, and see if they might be a good substrate for the kinds of effects that we did on the Just Scrapbooking retreats.  I think they will be great, and I have spotted that there are 12 x 12s on his website...mmmm, I can feel a purchase coming on!  Anyway, sort of followed Hels' guide this week, except on canvas board.






Painted it up with cream and brown acrylic paint, then stamped liberally with three different background stamps: script, cogs, and the french advert.  Remembered to dry in between each layer this time...









Moved on to the back side of Centura Pearl to do my stamping.  Had a few goes as the middle of the stamp did NOT want to play.  This is where Indigo Blu's slim jims come to the fore.  Finally got it to stamp properly, so dried it, and then used a waterbrush and distress inks to colour in.  Distressed the edges, and twisted two colours of bakers twine together, adding the Wish token.
















I'm not sure where I saw this (might have been Helen's layout at Hatton Court last week), but somewhere I saw UTEE used as a glue, and thought it would work on this, especially as the canvas board is so lovely and robust. I melted some plain clear UTEE and poured it over where I had place the three flat cogs.  I then used my heat gun to soften it back up a little and added the real cog and spring and the two spiral wires.



I went around the edge with a gold paint dabber to close it off.





Whilst the boards are clearly sturdy, a cropodile can still go through them!  Wire and baker's twine twisted together to create the hanging.

Yup, I can thoroughly recommend these boards!


Resources

Substrates
Canvas Discount boards 15cm x 15cm
Centura Pearl

Paint and Ink
PaperArtsy: Nougat
DecoArt Traditions: Quinacridrone Gold
Adirondack Paint Dabber: Gold
Distress Ink: Vintage Photo, Bundled Sage, Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen
Versafine: Vintage Sepia

Stamps
PaperArtsy: Gentleman Plate 1, Cogs (mini), Old Text (mini)
Stampers Anonymous: Papillion CMS106

Bling and glitz
Ranger UTTE: clear
From Stash: Wire, Bakers twine, eyelets, cogs, and medal

2 comments:

  1. Faaabulous creation Fred... loving that background... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth, this is fab and so you....I love the background .
    Just seen you made Top 5 at Clarity ...Well Done and Love the watch...
    Catch up soon. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete