Saturday 1 June 2013

F is for... Craft Barn Challenge

Hi there!  Been a bit quieter on the crafting front as I am actually back in gainful (paid!) employment!  However, couldn't miss the Craft Barn Challenge - as soon as I saw it was F, I KNEW it would feature feathers in there!  So, Feathers, Flight, and Fall are my entry this time.  Oh whoops, while adding the link, I notice the challenge is between Fe and Fr, so FALL won't count... still two out of three ain't bad, as the amazong Mr Loaf once said...
 

As you may have spotted from my other Craft Barn Challenges, I enjoy having 'page turners', which gives me more area to decorate.  This one is no different.  However, because I wanted to have my feathers falling, this time the pages opens upwards, rather than outwards, if you see what I mean.


I have used Centura pearl card, wrong side in.  That is, the top flap, with the definitions on, is the pearlescent side.  The unshiny side is excellent with Distress Inks, so I used 6 of them to create the background!

Once I had swiped the colours on with Cut n' Dry, I flicked water on, and also spritzed water over, which I then dabbed off, creating that background.

Having done that, the next step was to stamp feathers, in the same colours of DIs. And then in versamark, and embossed in gold and clear detail powder.






I had in my head something about fallen angels, so I used a lovely stamp for a pair of wings, and coloured them with Cosmic Shimmers watercolours.  With hindsight, should probably have embossed them, but they do look quite good...Way more bling-y in real life!!

I can't believe I went for fancy cutting - I usually don't do that sort of thing AT ALL, and especially when I have blisters on my fingers from cutting out stamps last night. How very daft of me...  how I suffer for my art!



On the page, they are raised up on foam pads to give some dimension, and 'curled' slightly.










The top flap has the definitions, as I mentioned, but I couldn't leave it at that!  I stamped the lovely bird, and used Distress Markers to colour him in.


Finally, as usual, I added a flag with the wooden F on, to match my other pages.  Hope you like!

Materials

Paints and Inks
Distress Inks: Bundled Sage, Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans
Distress Markers: Chipped Sapphire, Stormy Sky, Broken China, Antique Linen, Spun Sugar, Picket Fence
Archival: Jet Black
Versamark Dazzle: Frost
Cosmic Shimmer Water Colour paint: Sunlight Cream, Marine Aqua, Summer Grass

Stamps
Sheena - A Little Bit Sketchy: Divine Inspiration, Falling Feathers
Stampers Anonymous: Nature's Moments CMS001

Die Cutting
Sizzix On the Edge: Scrollwork

Bling and Other Stuff:
Stampendous Embossing Powder: Detail Clear, Detail Gold

10 comments:

  1. Another great page for your book.Lovely colours and stamped images.I think your wings look fabulous even without being embossed - they have so much texture in the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike! Love your colours (well I would as my ATC is similar..) - Beautiful piece of work, so much detail! xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pages and those wings are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done and I can see your feathers taking flight!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely entry - beautiful feathers and wings...AND that bird is one pf my favorites too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab and creative pages...love those wings!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous feater page, love the stamped feathers, wings and the coloured background.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just visiting the F pages...
    This is lovely
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty - love your feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Cosmic Shimmer watercolours are just perfect for the wings. Beautiful!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete