Sunday 2 June 2013

Follow the Dream - Hels Sunday Stamper Challenge

Hi all, got a busy week this week (pesky work getting in the way!!), so I have got my act together and made my entry for Hels' challenge straight away.


There's a bit of a story to this one... I started work almost exactly 32 years ago (how can that be??!). I started off in a bank back in the good old days, when we worked for a service industry, and the manager knew everyone.  I really enjoyed it, and I could see a career path, which allowed for the fact that I was married to someone else in the bank. (Keeping up??!) Now, said husband was a surfer, so we spent as many weekends as possible down in Cornwall, me watching, and him surfing.  I loved Cornwall so much, my dream was to be Admin Manager of Penzance branch.  So this piece represents my Dream back then; a split screen Vee-Dub, living down near Lamorna, with crocosmia all over the place!

Ok, that's the explanation!  Here's the recipe!  Started off with the Stamps Away Camper van.  I painted all the pieces up with acrylics.  The headlamps were covered with silver dabber, then a coating of glossy accents.





The label was painted up with Distress Stains, and then oversprayed with mica to give the shimmer I remember in the sy and over the fields.  The stamps around the edge are there to give the impression of crocosmia - I haven't found a stamp for crocosmia yet!!  Because I wanted to have the stems in green and the tops in orange, I used Distress Markers. Why haven't we got the seasonal specials in the markers yet??  Then I would have used the Ripe Persimmon - would have been a much truer colour.


The sentiment may strike a chord with any of my school chums who may be looking at this - shall we Follow the Gleam, girls??  Paraphrasing the Sunny Hill motto, I stamped all three words in Brilliance, but embossed the Dream word to make it pop a little more.

Glued it all together, and hey presto, I am 32 years younger!!  (If only...)  Hope you like.






Materials

Substrates: StampsAway Medium label shape and Camper Van

Paints and Inks
DecoArt Americana: Soft Blue, Lamp Black
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish: South Pacific, Nougat
Adirondack Paint Dabber: Silver
Distress Stain:Shaded Lilac, Weathered Wood, Bundled Sage, Chipped Sapphire, Picket Fence
Distress Marker:Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, Dried Marigold, Pine Needles
Distress Ink: Ripe Persimmon
Brilliance: Galaxy Gold, Peacock

Stamps
Darkroom Door: Discover DDRS090
ClarityStamp: Wild Poppies, Bullrushes, Hedgerow Flowers
Hero Arts: Happy Upper Case Alpha LL243

Bling and Other Stuff
Stampendous Embossing Powder: Detail Gold
Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist: Antique Green
That Special Touch Mica Mist: Warm Gold, Azure

No comments:

Post a Comment