Thursday, 9 May 2013

Tim's Tags Catchup - March and April

Here are my takes on Tim Holtz' 2013 tags for March and April.   And now, I am up to date!

Tim's original for March is here.

I don't have Distress Paints (I suspect that means I don't have Distress Paints yet...), so I have done some substituting for that and elsewhere.  First off, the flowers tucked under the main boss are clearly NOT idea-ology (I really didn't want to waste the couple I had!!) so were really blingy (almost sequin material) and I'm not really sure what I would have used them for otherwise.  They got some good coatings of different acrylic paint, and finished off with some Pearl paint dabber.  I think I probably overheated them, as the paint went a bit bubbly - but hey, that's a learning!!

I also decided to put felt behind behind the die cut, rather than tinsel.  I do like the effect.  And the colours - so different from my usual pieces!

Tim's original for April is here.

Again no Distress Paints, so I had a play with DecoArt and Traditions.  Maybe not quite the same outcome, but actually, not too bad.  I made several 'testers', where I dampened the card first (or not), and swiped afterwards with a babywipe (or not).  The babywipe took off most of the metallic lustre, which was a bit of a shame, but did take the layers of paint back nicely.  I did cover over with the Distress Inks and spritzed with water as Tim did, and that WAS effective.

I love Clearly for Art (almost as much as shrink plastic)!  I knew the wings of my alternative stamp, the bee, would look good raised up, but they really needed to be irridescent, so when I had dried the Archival black ink, I turned the bee over and painted him with Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint!

In this month's Craft Stamper (dd June 2013), there is a tutorial by Sarah Engels-Green, about making faux washi tape.  Loved the idea!  Instead of using Distress as Sarah did, I used Archival, and edged in Distress.  I used two bits on the tags, and have a nice selection left for the future!!

On the ribbon, again no Distress Paint, so I used a bit of acrylic Paint Dabber, some Distress Stain and plenty of spray mica!!  The Paint Dabber did resist the other stuff a bit, not a lot, tho.

And finally, I KNOW I have those idea-ology letters.  Can I find them?  Can I hell...but I did find the glittery stickers, which I think work with the now glittery bee.

Hope you like them!

Substrate: #8 tag cut with sizzix die from decent weight glossy card (for both tags)


Inks and Paints
Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry
DecoArt Americana - Glorious Gold, Lemonade, Cadmium Yellow
Adirondack paint dabber - Pearl
Dylusions - Pure Sunshine
Archival - Jet Black

Stamping, Die Cutting and Embossing
Spellbinders - Labels 22
Sizzix - Upon a Type strip alphabet (656916), Movers and Shapers Mini Branch and Leaf (657208), Mini Bird and Cage set (657207), Bigz L Tray (657007), flower embossing folder (sorry, no name or number on the folder!)
Hero Arts - Printers Type LC Alpha LL762

Other stuff (not much bling on this!!)
Felt, embellishments, from stash
My Mind's Eye - free papers 'Spring'

Inks and Paints
Distress Ink - Antique Linen, Salty Ocean, Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters
Distress Stain - Antiqued Bronze
Adirondack Paint Dabber - Terra Cotta
DecoArt Americana - Glorious Gold, Pistachio Mint, Bittersweet Chocolate
DecoArt Traditions - Quinacridone Gold, Aquamarine
Dylusions - Fresh Lime
Archival - Jet Black, Sap Green, Cobalt, Venetian Orange, Monarch Orange

Stampotique (Jo Capper Sandon) - Large Bee
Stampers Anonymous - Mini Ornates CMS064, Bitty Grunge CMS089
ClarityStamp - 12" ruler
Hero Arts - Printers Type LC Alpha LL762

Bling and other stuff
Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour Paint - Pale Gold, Frosted Mallow, Crimson Sparkle
That Special Touch Mica Mist - Emerald, Rich Toffee
Perfect Pearls Msit - Interference Red
Making Memories shimmer stickers (alphabet)
Clearly For Art - clear
Idea-ology - Tissue Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment