Wednesday 20 March 2013

Water Challenge - Simon Says Stamp

Hi there!  Today has been interesting - lucky maybe, as I won £25 on the premium bonds (could have done with a couple of extra noughts on the end, but hey) and £11.60 on Euromillions.  I wonder what the third piece of luck will be!?!

Anyway, this challenge caught my eye on face book, Water

I started off with brayering in mind, but even managed to use some of the waste that arose. so have ended up with three end products!

The first one was the brayering, using a lovely Clarity stamp of a couple in a boat - I omitted the fishing rod.  I used a Splodge Mat as a base and 6 different adirondak inks to create the changing colours, as the scenery changes from the lake to the sky.  Mounted it on dark blue card and stamped another Clarity stamp around the edge to frame the scene.







I had lots of ink left on the Splodge Mat, so spritzed water on to the mat, and swooshed a piece of Clarity card through it a couple of times. Never quite sure what the end result will be, but this time, there was a suggestion of rain on water with mountains behind. So it seemed appropriate to use the same couple in a boat! I used a small piece of cut and dry with Pumice Stone Distress Ink to create a shore line.  Mounted it on grey card, and doodled a double line around the edge in black fine liner.
 

 


Finally, similar idea, but different, and this one has a name: Better In Than Out!!  For this one, I inked up a lovely IndigoBlu stamp with Evegreen Bough and Iced Spruce Distress inks, and stamped it onto the Splodge Mat.  Then I spritzed the mat, and pressed a piece of Clarity card into it.  Then, I misted the stamp, and lined it up with the original image on the card, and stamped again.  Because of the way the DI reacts with water, the trees looked like they were being seen through a cloud (or a torrent!!).  I dabbed a small amount of Pumice Stone DI again between the trees, and added a window over the top - as this is definitely a scene that I would be rather be looking out at!!




Thanks for stopping by!

I used:

Clarity Card (coated card stock)
Other card from stash
Water
Ink:
Adirondak: Purple Twilight, Pink Sherbet, Stonewashed, Lake Mist, Denim, Sunshine Yellow
Distress Ink: Evergreen bough, Iced Spruce, Pumice Stone
Archival: Jet Black
Stazon: Midnight Blue
Stamps:
Clarity Stamp: Couple in boat, tree
IndigoBlu: Bare Forest 1

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous creations, the scenes you have set are wonderful and the backgrounds are perfect to showcase your images. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stampnand Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenes! They have a great rainy mood. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fab Ruth! I think my favourite is the grey one using the leftover ink. Love that couple in the boat - they look so relaxed I think I could do with a few hours out there!! x

    ReplyDelete