Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Prima Engraver papers - Gone With the Wind

I bought the Prima Engraver papers from Snazzy's, the Design Team pack, and then found the matching 6 x 6 paper pad too.

When I laid all the papers out, the map of Georgia and South Carolina made me think of Rhett and Scarlett, so...

These are the raw materials, I'm not sure where the frame came from; it was sitting on my shelf, calling to me!!
Once I had decided that it was a Gone with the Wind theme, I cut out some areas of the papers, and I used a couple of the stamps in some areas. 

I painted up the frame (papier mache sort of thing) in my favourite Decoarts Americana, a lovely brown called bittersweet chocolate.  I then embossed the 'Memories' word from the stamp set, using Distress embossing powder (fired brick) at the top, and clear at the bottom.  My aim was to have the top one more vibrant with the bottom one fading, like memories do - symbolic, huh?!

 top version
bottom version 
Here's a close up of the map section.  I used the cling words stamp in vintage photo (second generation stamp) 
Last week, sometime, I got an update on Gone With the Wind, and this photo was used.  It stuck in my head.  I printed it off as my centrepiece.  I used the same stamp, but only inked up a small portion, the bit that said respect and culture, using a DI Marker pen, in vintage photo again.  Seemed to fit with Rhett (in my humble opinion).

Then I assembled it all, inking the edges of most of the pieces with DI vintage photo.  I used some of the flowers from the matching embellishments, along with one of the gem swirls. I used one of the idea-ology dog tags (cherish).  I cut out one of the pocket watches from the 6x6 pad, and glazed it with glossy accents.
I cut out the key from one of the papers, and triple embossed it, to make it pop.  I stamped the journalling block from the stamp set in vintage photo, and used an embossing pen to write the eternal quote, 'Tomorrow is another day...'  The quality of the paper pack is amazing, it was really difficult to 'ruffle' the dollar bill, it wanted to crease more than ruffle!  Inked again with vintage photo.  I added three of the wired flowers underneath the bill, and added a stamped butterfly, as well as an embellishment one, to reflect the one stamped on the journalling block (you can just about make that out, under the dollar bill).

Next, a cup of coffee, a box of tissues and the movie, I think!!  Quite frankly, my dear, I do give a damn!!

1 comment:

  1. Great project Ruth! I love the memories idea - it worked really well. X