Tuesday 19 March 2013

Brown Eyed Girls (Hels' Challenge)

 Ok, so today I am on a roll!  Two posts, two challenges!  Hels (Ink on my fingers) Sheridan set this week's challenge on Brown Eyed Girl - we clearly share the same taste in music!  So, her only rules are must have stamping somewhere, and for this one, must have brown in/on it.


I love the Stampers Anonymous Tim's Classic favourites stamp set, and this girl's face is a bit dreamy, so combine it with some of the lyrics, and hey presto!


So what did I do?  Standard tag from stash, smooshed through Distress Stains in Old Paper, and then freckled with Frayed Burlap. Stamped my girl in Frayed Burlap, and masked her off with a postit, so she stays at the front.

Then used a lovely Prima stencil/mask, with Bundled Sage on Cut 'n Dry, and outlined the flowers with a Dusty Concord Distress Marker.  With the postit mask still in place, I used the Children from Andy Skinner (slight shiver - me and children...) and Vintage Photo.





 
I stamped the letters on some random cream card, with a Studio G alpha set.  Coloured the card with Frayed Burlap again, and added them to the tag using foam pads.
 
Finally, some cream binding, coloured with Vintage Photo and Cosmic Shimmer Tarnished Gold, and threaded through the tag hole.

 


 Hope you like her!













2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS... love this lots Fred... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely.... and not a spot of bright shiny sparkle in sight!! lol

    ReplyDelete