Tuesday 26 March 2013

P is for... Craft Barn Alphabet challenge

2nd one for the day!  It really is cold outside, so I am not venturing out!!

The Craft Barn (near Gatwick) set a fortnightly challenge based on the alphabet.  This is my first time entering, but I will play catch up, or it will be really sacreligious to deface a Dictionary for just one challenge!  I'm making up a binder for these, and so all of them will be 6 x 6, or will fit into that format (well, there may be some origami at a later date!!)

P is for Pachyderm, Paisley and Pansy in this example, and I used predominantly Pink and Purple too, just to keep to the theme.
The paper is a My Mind's Eye one, and I picked some of the pattern out in lime green to give it a bit more contrast. I stamped the lovely curly P in the corners in deep Purple.
I made up the Pocket (or maybe it's a Pouch?) and stamped it with the Pansies from Darkroom Door, and then touched it up with a little cosmic shimmer watercolour paint.  When dry I went over it with a little Picked raspberry DI.

The tag is coloured with Picked raspberry and shaded lilac, and freckled with water.  Then I stamped the Pachyderm (elephant to you!) slightly off the tag in tuxedo black memento, so he stands out.  The ribbon is coloured with the same two DIs, with a little cosmic shimmer spray in Pearl.

When I make up the rest of the challenges, I'll need to know what's where, so I added a tag, with a wooden P glued on.

Finally, I cut into the Dictionary (I could feel the pounding of the book Police's hobnail boots behind me), and stuck on the three definitions, to comply with the rules of the challenge.

Hope you like my Pachyderm!

Materials used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Stampin' Up - P; Stamper's Anonymous - Pachyderm; Darkroom Door - Pansies;
Inks: Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Archival, Deep Purple;
Bling: Cosmic Shimmers - Watercolour and Mist

10 comments:

  1. 'I am using scans from the old dictionary I am using, couldn't bring myself to alter it in any way. I love your combination of words and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the elephant stamp and also the pansy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the "P"s are great - pink Elephants mmmmmmmm lol; great page and word choices.

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your word play is great and so are the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on using so many Ps! Love your pachiderm and all the colours. You're going to have a great book by the end of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...all those 'p's Mooffie. well done honey! Love the tag idea and of course your pachiderm is stunning! Thank you for joining in, its never too late! Karen from The Craft Barn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! Paisley is my favourite shape and I love the pansy pouch... Ooh! I love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous colours and so many Ps, wonderful.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever and beautiful xx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi,
    I'm glad you have joined us and I'm looking forward to see more of your pages. Hope you can catch up.
    This first one is a Perfect Pachyderm Page
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete