I found this clock on a clearance shelf, and whilst it was a bit wow! in your face lime green, I liked the shape. I bought it, and put it to one side. Then I got inspiration...
So, I took it apart...
...and painted them up in decoart americana paint, roughly
Meanwhile, I took a large sheet of tissue paper (actually, it came to me wrapped around a suit I had bought!!), and stamped it in two colours, black and brown, using first and second generation stamping. The stamps are a real mixture, paper artsy, stampers anonymous, indigo blu, all time related, one way or another.
I thought it looked a little bland for my taste (bright, shiny, sparkly, after all!), and stamped a couple of the clock faces in Brilliance gold. And the lovely crazing stamp in Brilliance white.
After a little dry brushing, the clock face was stamped with that same brilliant crazing stamp, in gold, and I used it again with metallic staz-on gold on the clock glass, too. I also used the roman numerals from indigo blu. The XII I stamped in gold, and picked out with a fineliner.
Putting it all together, the clock was sealed with claudine hellmuth multi medium, matte, which I also used as a 'glue' to cover the clock in the stamped tissue. I gave it another all over coat of the matte medium to seal it completely. There's also a smidge (or should I say smudges) of the grungold inka gold - it's so yummy! And now I have a really smart clock on my shelf!