Thursday 17 October 2013

Believe!

I have been playing with the lovely Galactica paint from Stewart Gill, which is me to a T!  Bright, shiny and VERY VERY sparkly!  It seems to be the perfect match for anything faerie, and so...

I started with a frame from a well known Swedish furniture store.  The glass in the frame is way too green, so that has been put to one side for another day.  The frame was sanded, and a piece of mountboard cut to the size of the card insert - that was never going to be sturdy enough for what I wanted.





I painted up the mountboard using the technique taught by Kate Crane at her Junk Journal workshop (ooh such fun!).  This means you use a couple of colours and white to create a background.  The white tones the colours down, and then you can go in full on with the same colours, to get tone on tone.  Of course, not blingy enough, so when dry it got a coat of Alchemy (a lovely sheen) followed by the Galactica (which really isn't coming out on the photo below.  It real life, however, it's where I wanted it to be!
















I didn't want to stamp direct on to it, so I dug out some acetate, and stamped my Believe and my faeries.  So far, so good.  Wait for stazon to dry...  Then a touch more glitter with a gelly roll pen - I love this colour (or non colour, really).  Think snail trail, shimmer but no real colour.  Mmmmm.








Wait for stazon to dry...

I mounted the acetate up using shaker tape, so that a) the glitter would show through, and b) there would be a shadow cast on the mountboard background by the stamps above.

The frame... couldn't leave it plain!  So a thin coat of Galactica again, and repeat stamped a tiny star stamp in stazon again.  Wait for stazon to dry...!


Hope you like!


Resources:

Substrate
Frame and mountboard, Acetate

Paint and ink
PaperArtsy: Pea Coat, Haystack
Stewart Gill Galactica: Holo silver
Stewart Gill Alchemy: Seaspray
Stazon: Midnight Blue

Stamps
Lavinia: Faeries, Believe, and tiny stars

Bling and other stuff
Gelly roll pen

No comments:

Post a Comment