Thursday 15 August 2013

The Queen and her Crown - EWV challenge

I made this card at the weekend, but it has had to wait to be published until after the recipient had her birthday!


There used to be a range of stationery here in the UK that said something along the lines of 'I am the queen of everything' - ahem, I don't want to offend anyone, but there is a strategic expletive omitted!  Well, this was extremely apt for my chum, and it has always stuck with me.  So I decided on a stamp set from Wendy Vecchi which has a lovely gurlie silhouette (which also is reminiscent of my regal mate), and a good phrase.






I put my hand in the cupboard that had all the card blanks, and the one I pulled out had a glossy finish, so it had to be alcohol inks for the background.

I die cut a scalloped oval and an oval.  I stamped the queen on my oval, and then heat embossed her, so I could swoosh distress inks in the background.












I stamped the sentiment, and swooshed the same distress inks over it, and then cut them out and mounted them on foam squares. I added stickles to the word 'crown' to make it jump out a bit.











The crown.  Well, I had a brad in the shape of a crown, but it was brassy antique colour.  I sanded it down, and dripped silver and purple alcohol inks on it.  Then I cut the legs off, and stuck it on Queenie's head.  To finish it off, I added some bling, and some ribbon!

Hope you like it, but more to the point I hope SHE (who must be obeyed!) liked it too!





Resources

Substrates - random glossy 6 x 6 card, Centura Pearl (for die cut oval)

Paint and Inks
Adirondack Alcohol inks: Purple Twilight, Shell Pink, Cool Peri, Silver, Pearl
Adirondack: Purple Twilight
Distress Ink: Victorian Velvet, Milled Lavender

Stamps
Studio 490: Regal Art (SCS058)

Bling and other stuff
From stash: ribbon, holographic card, Crown brad
Stickles: Star Dust
Stampendous embossing powder: Detail Clear
Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities: Grand Scalloped Ovals (LF-111) Grand Ovals (LF-110)
Stampin' Up: Sticky rhinestones

1 comment:

  1. Here from EWV group. Great card! Love what you did with the alcohol inks.

    ReplyDelete